The way that records appear in the search editor and on the report for the Person search will be changing starting June 22 in order to be more compliant with its more investigative use. Person search results shows things like address history, name variations and their dates of use, and date of birth. Instead of listing the full address on the report, it will be replaced with jurisdiction information and a new count column. We are also removing the phone number column from the report. This update will make it easier to see how many records were found in a given jurisdiction for an applicant. This information will help you decide what additional jurisdiction searches you may need to run. You may wish to make your clients aware that the results will display differently.
All records will still be available through the select records view, but only what is necessary will display on the search editor and in the report results.
- Name, jurisdiction (State, County, City), and date of birth (DOB) combination will only appear once on the report, instead of once for each record found
- The address will no longer display on the report and will be replaced by a Jurisdiction column that displays only the State, County, and City — the address will still be accessible through the select records view
- Phone number will no longer be displayed on the report
- There will be a new Count column that will display the number of records that have that name/jurisdiction combination — misspellings of the same name will appear as a separate line with the same information on the results
Note: As a reminder, TazWorks has always allowed you the ability to hide the person search results from your report.
How this impacts your view
These changes will be applied to both the search editor and report results views.
If you want to view more detailed records, such as a specific address, you will need to access the select records view by clicking the Select Records radio button on the search editor page.
Step 1: Go to Workspace >> Searches >> Pending Searches >> select the person search you ordered.
Step 2: Under application information click the Select Records button.
Step 3: This will take you to their records summary that will list the address information for each jurisdiction where the applicant's records were found.
How this impacts the client's view
This will impact the way the results display on the report you send to your client.
- Addresses will no longer be listed in the report, only jurisdiction information (State, County, and City)
- Phone numbers will no longer be listed in the report
- Only one line per name, jurisdiction, and DOB match with a new count column to show how many records were found in that jurisdiction.
Hiding Person search results from your client
You can hide search results on a user-by-user basis. If you wish to hide person search results from your client, follow these steps:
Step 1: Go to Admin >> Manage Clients >> select the user you wish to hide person search results and report from.
Step 2: On the edit client modal that displays, click the view reports tab.
Step 3: You can remove their permission to view the person search results and reports by deselecting the box.
Click save at the bottom of this page to save your changes.
How to exclude person search results from your report
Step 1: Go to Admin >> Manage Report Layout >> select an existing layout or add a new one >> Report Layout page.
On the report layout page, you have the option to exclude the results of a search type, exclude the results of the search from the consumer copy, and/or add a page break after a search type on the report.
To exclude the person search results, check the box under Exclude next to the person search type.
Once it has been excluded, the area will be greyed out.
Click Save at the bottom of the page to save your changes to your report layout.